Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No Snow....No Problem in Crested Butte!

I just got back from Crested Butte, Colorado, a couple of days ago.  Although it is currently snowing in Crested Butte, when my family and I were there during Spring Break we experienced clear blue skies and high temperatures in the upper 50's.  Perfect weather for riding around in this convertible in this photo above.  Maybe not idea ski conditions but in Crested Butte that is not a problem!  It just opened up even more opportunities to do other things we love to do there!  One of which is to eat and I do mean EAT!  We didn't get to go to every restaurant we wanted to go to but we made a pretty good dent!


For 15 years our first stop has always been to Paradise Cafe on Elk Avenue inside The Company Store building!  It's only open for breakfast and lunch and we literally plan our arrival time into Crested Butte so that we can eat there.




My daughter's favorite is the "build your own" omelette because she definitely
wants a say in what's tucked inside of those fluffy eggs!  Plus, they are served with
their roasted potatoes that are crunchy on the outside and oh-so soft on the inside!




I was tempted by the "Potatoes Paradise" which combines
sauteed onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and green bell peppers that
are smothered with melted cheese and topped with two eggs
over easy.  All of that "yum" is topped over their skillet-fried
potatoes.  Oh how good it was!



Paradise Cafe is a small place so expect a wait, but it is so worth it!


My husband's favorite is their Migas which is spiced-up scrambled eggs
slathered in cheese,  onions, tomatoes, sausage and sour cream with a
scoop of refried beans on the side and soft flour tortillas to gather it
all up!   He is a happy man once he bites into this beauty!


My other daughter decided to go the healthy route with their
"Banana Split Sundae" which is a banana split down the
middle, covered in vanilla yogurt and drizzled with
granola and fresh fruit!  Just in case it was "too healthy",
she ordered a side of  scrambled eggs and sausage!



Their lunch menu is full of all kinds of good salads, burgers,
sandwiches, chili, soups and other things that will make you
smile!  And, while I typically don't eat at restaurants that have
multiple locations, I can't help but like where Paradise Cafe happens
to expand itself.....little pieces of paradise in Hawaii, Colorado
and Florida!  Now, that's smart!



My good friends were going to The Last Steep for lunch within a few
short hours after I had just eaten at Paradise Cafe.  I had left Paradise Cafe
swearing that I didn't need to eat the rest of the day but I couldn't resist a
fun lunch at Last Steep with some good friends!   I usually have a hard time
deciding what to order because they offer so many great items.  However,
my full stomach was determining what I should order....




I ended up ordering a special of the day which was a
Beef Curry Soup.  And, I couldn't resist their $5 Bloody Mary
offer which washed down that soup just perfectly.  And, as
full as I was, it was hard not to want to pick up that bowl and
lick it clean!  Needless to say, with a double-full tummy, a
nap was in order as soon as I could waddle over to the place
I was staying!


Check out where I continued to wine, dine and make memories in
tomorrow's blog!

TRAVEL M GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment