Sunday, March 18, 2012

Crested Beauty....

I just got back from Crested Butte, Colorado.  I have been in love with this place 
from the first time I laid eyes on this majestic place over 15 years ago!  Just check out
some of these photos I took while I was there!  If you think these photos look nice, 
you should see what it looks like in person!  












You are surrounded by beautiful peaks at every turn.


The famous "Butte" for which Crested Butte is named.


Over 60% of the trails are beginners or intermediate but Crested
Butte hosts more double black diamond trails than any other ski
resort in Colorado making it a great place for all skiing level abilities.


The small town of Crested Butte started as a mining town.

In 1961 the ski resort was built but the town has cherished its
history and maintained its quaint look.

Dusk near Crested Butte.


There are nearly 300 inches of snowfall annually and 1167
acres of ski trails in Crested Butte.

Even horses get a beautiful view in Crested Butte.

No matter where you turn, there is beauty to behold!

It's natural beauty alone is enough to fall in love with Crested Butte,
but there are so many other reasons to love this place!  I will highlight
some of my favorites for the next few days and it will be easy for you
to see why I am so hooked on Crested Butte!


Happy Trails!
TRAVEL M GIRL




No comments:

Post a Comment