Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hopeless Romantic

I'm about to go on a trip with some family members to the beach tomorrow.  There's nothing like a good, tantalizing book to read while sitting on the beach.  There is a book that has recently come out and it's all the talk of the town bringing forth conversations at lunch to dinner to television talk shows.  It's one of those books that everyone has talked about so much that you almost feel like you already know what it's all about, but the story is such that you feel like you have just got to read it for yourself.

So, I head out to the bookstore with one goal in mind and that is to get that book.  Well, look what I came home with instead!


I take the New York Times and every Sunday in the
Travel Section they have a column called "36 Hours" that
lists great things to see, top spots to sleep and the best places
 to eat at in 36 hours in a particular location.  It's one of the best
columns and I look forward to reading it each week.  I have
found the articles to be "spot on" when it comes to advice about each
 place.  And, now to see that the New York Times has combined
 150 of these columns in one book is like finding a rare jewel!

This is so much better than having that stack of
newspapers piled up in my closet.  And, it hits
150 places across the United States and Canada in
one book!

Plus the way the book has it laid out, it goes over
each day like a perfectly planned weekend itinerary.
There are tabs that mark regions so if you are hankering
for a trip up the Northwest Coast, you can open the tab
and find a whole weekend planned out for you with
every bit of information you will need.  This is my
kind of book!

In my eyes, this book is just as tantalizing as that other book.
Yes, I have found a page-turner for my beach trip!
I am a happy girl!


WISHING YOU GREAT READINGS WHEREVER YOU ARE!

TRAVEL M GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment